Title of the Project: Y-Moves Project
Duration: December 2019 to June 2024
Supported By: Plan International Bangladesh.
Y-moves project aims to build a dynamic and inclusive civil society Bangladesh by working to advance the rights of youth, especially girls, to participation, protection and sexual reproductive health. Mainly the aspects of this project are promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights including mitigation of sex and gender based violence also increasing awareness among adolescent girls about their rights. Capacity of civil society, including child and youth-led networks and also ensure state accountability for sexual and reproductive health rights and mitigation of sexual and gender based violence and make the strengthening partnerships. Y-moves also working along with national, district and upazila protection policy and youth society leaders from sexual and gender government service providers and communities in the implementation of sexual and reproductive health rights based violence programs. Y-moves project also working to build up adolescent girls and boys mental health. It also helps them to empower leadership. As the people of the hill tract areas are pretty conservative, so they never feel easy to communicate with other people. They never feel easy to talk openly with others about their mental and physical health. By working with them Y-moves project ensures to open up.
Activities & achievements:
- Create awareness among the adolescent girls about their rights and women empowerment.
- Make themselves confident by counseling them
- Raising public awareness on child rights, protection and child development.
- Raising awareness on the prevention of violence against female children.
- To build resistance by removing social prejudices against girls.
- Green Hill conducted 3 monthly meetings with NCTF committee. Meeting discussion agenda were, a) What is gender discrimination, b) Food and nutrition and c) The effect of empowerment. In these meeting 43 NCTF members were participated.
- Y - Moves project organized a Girls takeover event on the occasion of World Girl Child Day. Green Hill successfully arranged concludes meeting on scorecard with Union Health and Family Welfare Center Management Committee at Sapchari UP under Rangamati sadar Upazila.
- Green Hill successfully arranged concludes meeting with District Administration on scorecard with Health and Family Planning Office at Rangamati.